Despite ongoing interventions by Governments, NGOs, Churches, Private Sector and other relevant authorities, it is still common knowledge that discrimination, abuse and other forms of gender based violence (GBV) are still rampant within our communities.
Hope for the Hopeless is a pilot project of Reaper Ministries International in Lilongwe (Malawi). We are working with a group of over 100 women and girls who were once subjected to or are still experiencing some forms of abuse and gender based violence.
We are working towards the elimination of all forms of discrimination, abuse and gender based violence (GBV), against women, girls and children.
We want to see a Society where there is tangible empowerment and equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of socio-economic development, human rights, peace and security.
How we help
We provide training, workshops & meetings such as:
- Christian & spiritual teaching sessions
- Small scale business training
- Family / Marriage seminars
- Special counselling clinic sessions
- Sensitizing communities to the dangers and evils of Abuse and GBV
- Raising awareness among men & authorities in the protection of women & children
- Recording live performances of drama & songs by the Hope for the Hopeless Choir
We provide advice on:
- Personal development
- Physical fitness
- Self defence
- Self confidence
- Self control
- Self motivation
- Self esteem
- Self respect
We ask for your prayers, moral, material, financial, technical and professional support towards our work.